The Graduate School for Cellular and Biomedical Sciences (GCB) of the University of Bern, jointly administered by the Faculties of Medicine, Science and Vetsuisse, offers structured, experimental research training programs leading to a PhD, MD.PhD or DVM.PhD degree.
The PhD program aims to provide comprehensive, internationally competitive training in the theory and practice of experimental research as well as in-depth specialist knowledge of the individually selected research area. It directs the students towards independent scientific work and enables them to assume scientific responsibility.
Research training is available in the areas of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Biomedical Sciences, Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroscience, and Epidemiology.
Applicants should possess a Master's degree, or equivalent, in Life Sciences or related areas, Biomedical Engineering, Medicine, Dentistry, or Veterinary Medicine.
Information COVID-19 - update 01.07.2020
The guidlines of June 8, 2020 will be in place until certainly August 31, 2020
• The GCB coordinators and office team are still working partially in home office
• Send all documents per Email, whenever possible
• Continue cautiously, and vigilantly with Meetings, Mid-term exams and thesis defenses
- Take advantage of videoconferencing options, e.g. Zoom.
- Adhere to the attendance guidelines, e.g., attendance of maximum reserved room capacity is possible when following the physical distancing and
BAG-recommended hygiene rules. Exceptions are not allowed.
• No Apéros! - Postpone indefinitely any social gathering, e.g. no apéro at this time
When in doubt, please contact the GCB office directly.
Furthermore, please check the attached pdf file for other information