Financial Support for Congress/Course Participation
Please note that the GCB offices will be closed from Thursday, December 24, 2015, to Friday, January 1, 2016. Our offices will open again on Monday, January 4, 2016.
The Graduate School for Cellular and Biomedical Sciences may offer financial support to enable doctoral students to attend congresses or special courses. PhD students performing their research work at the Department of Clinical Research are requested to apply for financial support at the DCR.
Please submit documents to Anita Daehler, Secretary GCB.
Mondays & Tuesdays: 09h00-11h00 & 14h00-16h00
Wednesdays & Thursdays: 09h00-11h00
1. Presentation (talk or poster) as first and presenting author.
2. In principle, the first year of study and the 6.0 ECTS course work required for the PhD programme must have been successfully completed. Students can apply for financial support once per year.
1. Participation in special courses must have been specifically agreed upon with the supervisor and the mentor at the start of the PhD, and must be listed on the Doctoral Agreement.
2. Participation in special courses without allocation of ECTS must be followed by a presentation on the course contents in a formal setting at the applicant's institution after course attendance, preferentially in the presence of the mentor.
3. A course certificate from the organizers must be presented to the GCB after the event.
4. If no official course certificate is issued by the organizers, PhD students must use the GCB Course Certificate (pdf, 177KB) and have it signed by the course organizers.
Before the event, submission of:
(a) the form Application for Financial Support for Congress/Course Participation (pdf, 160KB)
and for congresses:
(b) a copy of the abstract
(c) the confirmation letter of the congress organizers
(d) an excerpt of the current CTS/KSL Study Sheet and/or copies of exam/course certificates for which ECTS credit points have been awarded
or for special courses:
(e) the official programme or description of the special course
(f) the confirmation letter of the course organizers
Requests for support received after the event will not be considered.
The contribution of the Graduate School will be limited to
CHF 600.- for congresses/courses in Switzerland,
CHF 800.- for congresses/courses in Europe,
CHF 1'200.- for all overseas congresses/courses.
The application has to be approved by the PhD Committee.
Financial compensation will be refunded by the Graduate School after the event, upon submission of an invoice from the applicant's institute, including a list of expenses (foreign currencies converted to CHF), copies of receipts giving evidence of the effective costs, and a course certificate where applicable, within one month after the congress or special course. Later submissions will not be considered for refunding.
Contributions of the Graduate School will only be remitted to an official bank account of the University (applicant's institute), not to a private bank account.
Travel Grants from Other Sources
SSMCB: Travel Grants of the Swiss Society for Molecular and Cellular Biosciences
For guidelines and rules, please see:
University of Bern |
Graduate School for Cellular and Biomedical Sciences Theodor Kocher Institute |
Freiestrasse 1 |
CH-3012 Bern |